The Workforce Development Board of West Central Wisconsin is led by a board of directors, chosen to represent the diverse groups involved with workforce and economic development issues and challenges. Our leadership team is comprised of experts in workforce development, economic development, training, education, public policy, human resources, business management and strategic development. The Board brings their expertise and targets investments to effectively align the needs of job seekers and employers. Our focus on collaboration drives well-rounded, strategic solutions for a better local economy.
- Sharon Masek, Superior Silica Sands
- Peter Kaz, Industrial Fabricators Inc.
- Bev Bernier, 3M
- Patti Audorff, Walmart Transportation
- Laura Kendzior, Best Western and Suites *stepped down; relocated out of region
- Lisa Fiore, ManPower
- Timm Boettcher, Realityworks, Inc. (*Jessica Bierman – *Alternate Appointee)
- Jim Tiedke, Countryside Coop
- Kevin Larson, Spring Valley Senior Living & Health Care (Chair)
- Steve Osero, Amery Technical Products (AmTec) (Vice – Chair)
- Alison Page, Western Wisconsin Health (Past-Chair)
- Betty Laskowski, Royal Credit Union (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Jesse Singerhouse, Dunn Energy Cooperative
- Jake Steivang, Real Property Health Facilities, Corp.
- Russell Boos, United Association Local 434
- John Walsh, IBEW Local 14
- John Will, WI Indianhead Technical College
- Tom Huffcutt, Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Elizabeth Hart, Chippewa Valley Literacy Volunteers
- Lynn Nelson, West Central WI Regional Planning
- Peter Kilde, WestCAP
- Steve Blodgett, Job Service – Eau Claire
- Karen Griffin, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Claudia Pecha, Unemployment Insurance
- Deb Leslie, Workforce Resource, Inc.
- Scott Hodek, DWD Economist (Ex-Offico)
West Central Wisconsin County Boards’ Consortium
The West Central Wisconsin County Boards’ Consortium appoints the Workforce Development Board and has responsibility for program planning and oversight.
- Louie Okey, Barron County Chair
- Jared Zwiefelhofer, Chippewa County
- Wayne Hendrickson, Clark County Chair or Joe Waichulis, Consortium Appointee
- Dave Bartlett, Dunn County Chair
- Colleen Bates, Consortium Appointee, Eau Claire County (Chair)
- John C. Andrews, Consortium Appointee, Pepin County
- Cecil Bjork, Consortium Appointee, Pierce County
- Jay Luke, Consortium Appointee, Polk County
- Roger Larson, St. Croix County Chair (Vice-Chair)
Our work is carried out in partnership with more than 25 local organizations in the counties where we work. These local partners; usually community-based organizations, local government departments and sometimes private companies; collaborate with us on workforce development initiatives and program services. Our partners are recognized and respected locally. They have a wealth of essential skills and knowledge to help us serve businesses, workers and communities across the region.