The Workforce Development Board of West Central Wisconsin is led by a board of directors, chosen to represent the diverse groups involved with workforce and economic development issues and challenges. Our leadership team is comprised of experts in workforce development, economic development, training, education, public policy, human resources, business management and strategic development. The Board brings their expertise and targets investments to effectively align the needs of job seekers and employers. Our focus on collaboration drives well-rounded, strategic solutions for a better local economy.
- VACANT – Barron County Business
- Peter Kaz, MayRay App
- Ashley Zwier, 3M
- Patti Audorff, Walmart Transportation
- Lisa Fiore, ManPower
- Jessica Bierman, Realityworks, Inc.
- VACANT – Pepin County Business
- Kevin Larson, Spring Valley Senior Living & Health Care (Past-Chair)
- Steve Osero, Amery Technical Products (AmTec) (Chair)
- Alison Page, Western Wisconsin Health
- Betty Laskowski, Royal Credit Union (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Jesse Singerhouse, Dunn Energy Cooperative (First Chair)
- Jake Steivang, Real Property Health Facilities, Corp.
- Russell Boos, United Association Local 434
- John Walsh, IBEW Local 14
- John Will, WI Indianhead Technical College
- Joni Geroux, Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Elizabeth Hart, Chippewa Valley Literacy Volunteers
- Lynn Nelson, West Central WI Regional Planning
- Peter Kilde, WestCAP
- Steve Blodgett, Job Service – Eau Claire
- Karen Griffin, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Claudia Pecha, Unemployment Insurance
- Deb Leslie, Workforce Resource, Inc. (Ex-Offico)
- Scott Hodek, DWD Economist (Ex-Offico)
West Central Wisconsin County Boards’ Consortium
The West Central Wisconsin County Boards’ Consortium appoints the Workforce Development Board and has responsibility for program planning and oversight.
- Louie Okey, Barron County Chair
- Dean Gullickson, Chippewa County
- Joe Waichulis, Consortium Appointee, (First Chair)
- Dave Bartlett, Dunn County Chair
- Colleen Bates, Consortium Appointee, Eau Claire County (Chair)
- John C. Andrews, Consortium Appointee, Pepin County
- Jeff Bjork, Consortium Appointee, Pierce County
- Fran Duncanson, Consortium Appointee, Polk County
- Dave Ostness, St. Croix County Chair
Our work is carried out in partnership with more than 25 local organizations in the counties where we work. These local partners; usually community-based organizations, local government departments and sometimes private companies; collaborate with us on workforce development initiatives and program services. Our partners are recognized and respected locally. They have a wealth of essential skills and knowledge to help us serve businesses, workers and communities across the region.
An Introduction to WIOA
Historically, when we refer to WIOA, we tend to describe only a part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). In Wisconsin, we are all WIOA, a combination of four different Title and multiple partner programs. These programs include Vocational Rehabilitation, Job Service, Adult Basic Ed or GED partners, Veterans Employment, TAA, and the Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth Programs.
These programs are all part of WIOA and are designed to work together. One of the visions of WIOA is that we connect our clients to the right program, with the right services, at the right time. Knowing who and what programs are a part of WIOA is key to making these connections.
An Introduction to WIOA was created to help us become more familiar with WIOA as a whole, as well as each WIOA program individually, so we can better help our clients find their path to success. This training is for all WIOA partners and staff, both new and experienced. Visit the Knowledge Center on the WIOA website to view An Introduction to WIOA.
This training was created by the WIOA Integrated Service Delivery Communications Team. It will be updated to include the new 2020-2023 WIOA State Plan Partners in the next few months. Visit WIOA.Wisconsin.gov to learn more about the 2020-2023 WIOA State Plan and new partners and find other WIOA resources.
WIOA Integrated Service Delivery Communications Team